There are many health benefits to drinking Tequila in moderation. Here’s some reasons to incorporate Tequila into your diet.
1. It helps control diabetes. Tequila helps lower blood sugar by triggering insulin production and therefore lowers blood sugar.
2. Fights off colds. We should note that this has been said about Whiskey too. While a shot of Tequila may be good, it is better if mixed with equal parts of agave nectar and lime juice. Half an ounce of each should work.
3. Fights cholesterol. Tequila helps lower triglycerides in blood levels. This, in turn, reduces of cholesterol levels.
4. Tequila helps your body absorb medicine more efficiently. When you take any drugs the acid in your stomach breaks them down before they reach your intestines which introduce them into the rest of the body, decreasing the drug’s effectiveness. Tequila acts like a protective barrier for these drugs as they work their way into your system.
5. You can drink it straight without wanting to throw up afterward Have you ever tried throwing back straight shots of vodka? Chances are they’re coming right back up. When it comes to tequila, you can rest assured that it will sail smoothly down your throat.
6. Pain Reliever. Tequila helps to numb pain by dilating the blood vessels, which results in better blood flow, minimizing pain levels.
7. Cleans your colon. Researchers at Mexico’s University of Guadalajara claim that blue agave found in tequila helps deliver drugs to the colon, which helps to treat illnesses such as Crohn’s disease, colitis, IBS and even cancer.
8. Helps you rest. Just one or two shots of Tequila will relax you enough to drift off to sleep. Next time you can’t fall asleep, try sipping on some Don Julio.
It is important to remember that this advice is for tequila by itself. Having three or four margaritas or any cocktail that contains Tequila is not recommended and may even be more harmful. Always remember to drink Tequila in moderation.