March is National Caffeine month! Forget Starbucks for a great tasting cup of coffee. You can be a great coffee maker if you follow the tips below.
When your coffee interest extends beyond a region and you are more aware of the quality of beans, you may then seek for information to help choose the brews that give you the greatest sense enjoyment. Here are six ways to immerse yourself in the nuances of finding the best coffee beans and methods of preparing them.
1. Make sure that no air gets into your storage container for coffee. The beans will become stale if a lot of air gets in contact with them. Don’t use plastic or other types of bags that are not air-tight, even if the coffee was originally stored in it. They allow air to escape after roasting while cooling.
2. Clean your coffee pot every time you use it so that any residual flavors do not tarnish the taste of it. There are oils that will stick to the coffee pot over time. Many people do not notice the difference, but true coffee lovers will be able to tell right away.
3. Be cautious of the water that you use when brewing your coffee. Coffee made with terrible tasting water is not going to taste right itself. It is suggested that you use water with minerals. If it does not have minerals, the coffee might taste bitter.
4. Only store coffee in the refrigerator if the container you are using is airtight. Otherwise, you may discover that garlic or other incompatible odors have tainted your coffee. Improper storage can add moisture to your coffee.
5. Buy smaller portions of coffee. Only buy what you will consume in a couple of weeks. It will cost more money than buying a large can and storing it for a while. What you save in money by buying a larger can, you end up sacrificing in taste.
6. Avoid storing your coffee in the freezer. The extreme temperatures of the freezer will destroy the oils in the coffee. Instead, drink what you have or buy smaller amounts of coffee. If you do not buy too much coffee, you will not need to worry about storing it for an extended period of time.
Enjoying a great cup of coffee is no longer a simple “push the button” process on a drip machine in the morning. This international beverage has made its way into the elite corners of specialty cafes and fine dining establishments across the globe. You can easily be a coffee connosieur in no time with the information you have learned. Dive in and start enjoying your coffee, your way.